The TAG is comprised of Nigerian academic leaders who are in cognizant of the Nigerian university culture, can provide guidance to strengthen the mentor-trainee relationship and ensure accountability of the training program and its alignment with national research training priorities. The expertise of TAG members aligns with the training agenda and empowers a rigorous scientific review of trainees, research projects, merit-based candidate selection and programmatic oversight.
Professor John Idoko is the Director General of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), in Nigeria. He is a Professor of Medicine with expertise in Infectious diseases and was the country Director of the AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria. (APIN)
- Professor John Idoko is the Director General of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), in Nigeria. He is a Professor of Medicine at the University of Jos with expertise in Infectious diseases and was the PI for the AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) at Jos University Teaching Hospital.
- Professor Tekena Harry’s area of expertise is Virology, Diagnostics and Laboratory Science; he worked with the Office of Special Projects in the FMOH for many years and is currently with the Reach Care Foundation.
- Professor Elijah Sokomba is a Professor of Pharmacology and the National Coordinator of the Bioresources, Development and Conservation Program, Nigeria. He is an expert in pharmaceutical research.
- Professor Sunday Bwala is a Consultant Neurologist and Professor of Medicine at the College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. He is currently on sabbatical leave at the National Hospital Abuja with the University of Abuja.
- Professor Omotunde Sagoe is a consultant hematologist and Professor of Hematology and Blood Transfusion at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital. Her area of Expertise is HIV Care and Hematology. Professor Solomon Sagay is a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH). His area of expertise is Prevention of Mother To Child Transmission and has lead the APIN program in Jos in this area.
- Dr. Nasir Sani Gwarzo is a medical epidemiologist with the Centers for Disease Control, Nigeria. He is specialized in Epidemiology, HIV and TB control and Research. He was previously the Deputy Director of Public Health at the FMOH. Other previous appointments include being the National Coordinator of the TB and Leprosy Control Program (NTLCP) and the National AIDS/STI Control Program (NASCP).
- Professor William Ogala is a consultant pediatrician and neonatologist at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Zaria. His area of expertise is HIV and Pediatrics.
- Professor Francis Durosinmi- Etti is a Consultant and Professor of Radiotherapy and Oncology at the University of Lagos (LUTH). His area of expertise is HIV and Malignancy Oncology. Professor Durosinmi- Etti is the chairman of the National Consultative Committee on Cancer.